Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"blubbery-ness"

Man, some "blubbery-ness" is going down right now.

Having to say goodbye to my students is rough. And not just any students - but one-of-a-kind, truly original, very special, incredibly smart students. Most of whom have overcome and are in the midst of overcoming some serious tough stuff. These kids are and will be readers and writing, thinkers and doers, creators and inventors. I am pretty humbled that I've gotten to be a part of their lives.

Can my cheap little bookmarks and pencil gifts show them my love and pride? Probably not, but I can hope. I can hope that when I've been tired and had a long day I've still given them by best. I can hope that when they were struggling with so much more than figuring out a tough word on a page, I was a good listener and comforter. And I can hope that they have learned as much from me as I have learned from them.



    How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
    The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
    Psalm 36:7


Thank you, Jesus, for this season of life and the incredible children that have been a part of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment