Sunday, September 25, 2011

Whatever

Lately I've been feeling a little itchy. Itchy for something new. Itchy for ample time to try new recipes, to travel to far away places, or to just simply spend an entire day reading and relaxing. However, when I really think about it, if I had all this time to do the above I'd probably be longing for the work day routine I'm in now! And it's not that I don't enjoy my job or the place I'm at in life now, it's just our human nature (I think) to live much of life waiting for the next thing. Waiting for the weekend. Waiting for lunch. Waiting for the coffee to be ready. Ha! And I'm not saying all this is bad- it's good for us as humans to have things to look forward to and hopes to long for.

Yesterday, in the midst of these thoughts, I was reminded of Colossians 3:17: Whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Whatever you do. Whatever? ...Sweep the floor? Work a long day? Have lunch with a friend? Talk to my husband about his day? Water my garden? Whatever? Yes, whatever.

I pray that in day to day boring-ness or excitement, I would glorify God and thank Him continually for there is contentment and joy in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment