No Bake Granola Bars
Warning: If you use chocolate protein powder like I did these will taste like fudge bars or delectable no-bake cookies, so be careful :) But I've tried it with dried fruit and seeds instead and they are still really good!
1 cup peanut plain peanut butter (as in only peanuts!)
1/2 cup honey or agave syrup
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup fillers of your choice-I used sunflower seeds, chocolate protein powder, flax seeds. You can also do chopped dried fruit.
1. Put the peanut butter and honey/agave into a small sauce pan and heat on low and stir somewhat
regularly. Careful not to burn, just get it warm enough to combine both ingredients.
2. This is optional- In the meantime toast the oats in the oven on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for about 5-
7 minutes or until just browned.
3. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients - oats, cinnamon or other desired spices, and fillers. Mix until
4. Pour warm PB and syrup mixture into the oats and stir. Use a wooden spoon- this will be hard. Stir until
all dry ingredients are at least moistened. It will still be crumbly. I've had to add a tablespoon of milk
before because there wasn't enough liquid, but usually if you stir long enough it should work.
5. Pour all ingredients into a pan (This is a double recipe so I used 9x13) and with clean hands, begin to
press the granola down flat. You may need to squeeze it together to eliminate holes. Once flat let set for
about 10 minutes or more until cooler.
6. Cut with a sharp knife into desired sizes and use a spatula to remove. They may be crumbly depending on
the liquid to dry ingredients ration, but hey, if they taste good, who cares!